The nutrients in iceberg lettuce can help you to meet the standard daily requirements for several vitamins and minerals. They include :
- Vitamin C : a powerful antioxidant that helps keep your immune system healthy.
- Calcium : which keeps bones and teeth strong. It also supports muscle function, nerve function, and blood clotting.
- Vitamin K : a vitamin that works with calcium to prevent bone fractures. It’s also integral for blood clotting.
- Vitamin A (as beta carotene) : a powerful antioxidant that helps to maintain night vision and eye health. It also supports cell growth.
- Folate : a B vitamin that helps to make DNA and genetic material. It’s especially important for women who are pregnant or who are planning to become pregnant.
- Potassium : a mineral that reduces blood pressure by lessening the effects of salt in the diet.